Delay using wacom tablet

OMG. I’m trying to design something for my room after getting a new tablet, the Wacom Intuos Pro. It’s something I’ve been putting off designing too, so when I finally open the program, I can’t even use it. I’m so glad other people are having this problem too. PLEASE FIX IT SO I CAN MOVE ON WITH MY LIFE.

Yeah, I actually use a tablet for day to day stuff, in addition to photo retouching and I prefer it so much more now.

Yes, I had to go back to mouse.

Hey guys! This is an issue with the latest version of El Capitan and the Wacom driver. Unfortunately, there is not a whole lot that we can do, from inside of SKetchUp, but we are talking to Apple, and hope that they will be able to fix the issue soon.

!!? how about Mac or Wacom?

Ah nuts… I need a proof reader… Edited… Thanks, @Box

1 Like

Thanks for the answer ,
we can only hope :(((

FYI The Wacom driver may be one of the triggers for this laggy behavior, but we’ve been able to reproduce the issue without it as well.

Thanks,
Marc

@Marc, do you see without any non apple driver kext files?

john

Yes, a clean install of SketchUp with no third-party input drivers.

i use wacom intuos PS and windows 10 and sketchup 16
i don’t have any problem

Well not all is fair in Windows-land either.
I use a wacom intuos pro on win8 and su2016… It’s right mouse button doesn’t work until I load vray through @thomthom’s V-Ray tools plugin. (There might be other triggers, but this one I use regularly)

I everyone

anyone knows if there is already a solution to the lag?

Most of the discussion of this issue is in another thread:

For the past many months in SU 2016, I’ve had to use the work around of covering up the info bar at the bottom of the main window with another floating window.

Well, today I just got around to installing SketchUp 2017, and unless I’m mistaken, the Wacom/Orbit tool problem seems to be resolved in this version. Thought I’d mention it for anyone else who wanted to know. I’m on El Capitan 10.11.6.

1 Like

Man that trick did it for me on OSX 10.11.6 intuos4 su2016

Cant believe they state its a OSX issue, clearly most be a SU issue as ALL other applications run without any issue.

If this trick of hiidding the tool feedback helps, that points out to mee its SU relateed and not OSX related.

That was a pain. I’ve been free of the problem for a while now, because I didn’t see it all in SU 2017, or now SU 2018.

In a major, Homer Simpson D’oh moment, I set one of the pen’s buttons to “Middle Click” for orbiting and panning even though it’s not scroll wheel. I use two finger scrolling on the PowerBook’s track pad with my left hand to do that part.

Yes me too, the 2 fingers. I keep my hand on keyboard cause i use everything with shortcuts. Im a graphic designer so im used to learn most of available shortcuts avaible for super fast workflow.

I tried su2017, but it hated how that was drawing lines. So deleted the demo and went back to 2016

I spoke too soon. I upgraded the Wacom driver, and now this doen’t work anymore.

Yes… It’s because you’re using windows inc. Turn it off in properties:
Video Tutorial here