Change the scroll wheel mapping

Yes, this is frustrating. I would be happy without an option to change this if it would just use the OS setting instead of doing the opposite!

I have also been patiently waiting for this feature and am frustrated it was not added in version 2016. Switching between AutoCAD and SU throughout the day is painful. If I have to switch to Windows to have this feature then as a SU Pro user I’ll research other 3D options. I won’t continue to waste my money on a company that doesn’t take their customers seriously.
Rik

unfortunately typical for developers not working with the product…ease of use is the key asset of SU, implementing this should have a high priority then, in particular for the product manager.

Guess you’re working hard at coding this for SketchUp 2020 or something… :-/
Not really feeling that I got my moneys worth, after upgrading two seats at work to 2016. Remember this being an issue back in SketchUp 8 and nothing has happened since. That would be fine for a shareware application, but not for an application with this price tag…

Get this fixed!

2 Likes

Interesting… I posted on this thread about a year and a half ago, and found it again by accident when looking for a solution to the same issue. I’d completely forgotten why I’ve been using version 8, and was planning on upgrading to 2016 but I guess there is still no way to make the zoom scrolling match autocad, MAC OS, and every other app i use. I’ll check back in when the version 2017 rolls around, i guess, and keep using version 8. I could virtualize and run the windows version, but that seems pretty absurd to run a program that started as a mac app, on Parallels just to get it to scroll the “right” way.

I still cannot fathom why there isn’t a functionality of this nature built into SketchUp. Its 2016 now guys. This is the only reason I’m still using v8. I will not spend money on a system that doesn’t work for me.

Are you still going to bring this to a new version? Why is this not something that you are capable of doing? Can we get an explanation? perhaps then we can understand why this isn’t happening / possible / at all on your radar of things to do?!

Adding another voice to to this point. The inability to control how the arrow keys scroll the product drives me absolutely crazy. Video game manufacturers accepted 20 years ago that some players “think they are an aeroplane” and other players are regular humans, and so they included “invert Y axis” in every game settings menu. You are basically going back 20 years to find a way to ■■■■ off half your users. Come on - given your product is heavily used in the UX community this is like a gratuitous insult.

Scroll what? The arrow keys aren’t used to scroll anything in the SketchUp drawing window. They are used for other things.

can we have it at least for upcoming 2017, PLEASE?

Hi Bryceosaurus, any updates on this? See your post from 2 years ago. We’re still waiting!

Dear SketchUp Team – thanks very much for reintroducing the invert scroll wheel action for Mac users. It has been a long time since it was removed in SU8. I’m sure there are a lot of SU users like me who resorted to using utilities like Scroll Mouse to ‘fix’ the issue as best as we could. But these solutions always felt a bit flaky. Thanks for listening and for acting. Much appreciated!

Wait… what? You finally reintroduced the ability for Mac users to invert the wheel scrolling direction in SU2017 but didn’t think to add this to Layout as well? How did you imagine this playing out with your customers!!! :rage: