Copy move an object with cursors

Hi,

If I select an object and press alt, on the Mac, and drag the object around I have a copy.

If I select an object and press alt, on the Mac, and use the cursor keys to move the object around I have a No copy.

Is this intended? The plus on the move cursor icon is there.

I really like to use the cursor keys to move an object to the right spot, but want to start with the cursor keys from the beginning if there is little replacement wanted for the copy.

I don’t know whether it is intended or not but I’m certain it isn’t a bug. There’s an alternative work flow which will let you do what you want. Select the object. Hit Command-C to copy it, Command-V to paste it and then use the cursor keys to move the copy. you’ll have to select the object with the mouse anyway but this keyboard method makes it simple to move things and maintain alignment.

Thanks,
I know this methode, but because I saw the plus sign and it did stay visible when I move the object the question came up…

Also like, to know how to adjust even more precise. My guess is that it, using the cursor keys jumps 2-3 points.

If I want to adjust a line bij 0,5 point its way to much effort to get this done by using the mouse.

You should be reading the help files because this sort of thing is explained there.

http://help.sketchup.com/en/article/3000223

You can’t change the nudge distance so precision will be limited to 1 point that way.

For more precise moves, place the center grip so you can use it as a snap point. There’s also the Alignment options