Add Location error - no internet connection

No, nothing that I can see.

[image: Inline image 3]
The 8.01 update mentioned was only released two weeks ago so could not have
been the issue.

8.02 is out, and it perhaps has the explanation: “Fixes a rare issue in which some users were unable to access Safari after installing the 8.0.1 update”

Yeah, that seems to be the only explanation. I’m glad it works now:)

Thank you Barry and everyone else for all the suggestions!

I am also having this issue, but everything is updated to latest versions.

I’m using Chrome.

Pretty annoying after paying for the pro licence but still having issues…

Would really appreciate some help trying to sort this out…

1 Like

The SketchUp geolocation interface uses Internet Explorer on the PC and Safari on the Mac, so, you should try clearing their caches and perhaps applying all available updates.

Anssi

having the same issue, checked IE settings, looks okay. Tried using sketch-up 2013 as well, and had the same problem. Have checked firewall settings, doesnt appear I’m blocking anything. Can no one from sketch-up proper actually weigh in on this? forums are great but random user ideas are less than helpful if they really have no clue… Seems to be affecting many users, not just a one-off, would hope sketch-up would respond?

Chris

1 Like

Finally figured it out, had to upgrade my Internet Explorer to version 11. Anyone else out there having this problem, try that and see if it works. LOL, I didn’t even know it wasn’t up to date, who uses internet explorer anymore??
Cheers!

Chris.

1 Like

I’m running IE 11… still have same problem Add Location Error… Sketchup… anyone

I’m trying to use Geo Location feature in Sketchup. Whenever I select Geo-Location – Add Location, I get a “Add Location requires an internet connection. PLease connect and try agian” error message. I have internet connection. I have dropped all firewalls and disabled virus checkers. Still same error message.

@Peterd16 Have you tried this:

Can you also tell us a little bit about what you are working with?

1. SketchUp Make/Pro version: SketchUp Make or Pro version, Bitness: for Windows (32-bit or 64-bit), Mac is only 64 bit
  2. Operating System: Operation system name, version, bitness
  3. Graphics Card: Graphic Card Model, Memory

I’ve walked through C and D on link Geo provided. No joy. I’ve also cleared all cache and history. No Joy…

I am running trail version for 30 days… Windows 7, 64 bit high end laptop…

I can access https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com from IE browser… but can’t gain access from trail version of Sketchup…

I’ve port forwarded Port 531

Still nothing seems to be working…

Under Advance Settings in IE 11… enable TLS 1.0, 1.1, 1.2… seems to be working…

1 Like

Hi there, I have the same problem

However TLS 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 boxes are already checked in my settings.

What else could be causing this ?

I just loaded Firefox version 40. and also tried version 39 and they would not connect to the internet just got a spining wheel. What was causing the problem was the user profile was not set correctly and prevented the connection.
I am using windows 7 64 bit.
Just thought for you firefox profile cannot be loaded it may be missing or inaccessible WINDOWS 8 | Firefox Support Forum | Mozilla Support

Firefox (or Chrome, or Opera) is not used by SU, SU uses the browser engine brought by the operating systen (Win: MS IE / OSX: Safari).

so if you are using firefox, how do you fix the issue?

As mentioned in the post above yours, whatever you use as a default browser is irrelevant.
Firefox isn’t an Operating system, it’s a web browser.
The question in your profile about Operating system is asking about Windows or Mac and exactly which version.

So if it’s Windows you have you need to make sure Internet Explorer is up to date and working.
If it’s Mac then Safari needs to be up to date.

1 Like