3D Text not working (no Place 3D Text dialog)

When I click on 3D text tool, I can still move my cursor but there is no text input marker or place for text and when I click on the screen I get an error sound. Nothing works, I can’t click on another command or I get the error sound again. I have to hit esc to get out of this.

Anyone have a fix?

When you select the 3D Text tool it launches the Place 3D Text dialog.
It seems the dialog has wandered off-screen.

Try this (windows only) trick…
Select the 3D Text tool > Alt + Spacebar > M > Arrow Key (any arrow key will do)
Now move the mouse about and you should see the dialog attached to the cursor.

8 Likes

Definitely the problem is the missing window. I tried your tools but they didn’t work. I’ve been working with dual screens, I went back to single screen and found it and moved it to a place that now it comes up on the dual screen. Thanks for you help. Problem solved.

Jason

1 Like

Honestly, this just made my day, thank you!

Thanks a lot! It worked for me. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks a lot~~

Thank you so much!! just helped me at the right moment!

3D tool is crashing my ipad program

Hm, I’ve seen you answer the same message to two old topics, but I don’t think your problem is the same : this one is a problem from 2015 in the PRO version, the other 2018 pro, you have a problem with the ipad version it seems.

For optimal help, you might need to create a topic in the “sketchup for ipad” section, giving as many informations as you can (ipad model, are you up do date, when did it start etc. etc.)

Can’t help you more, I don’t have an ipad.

1 Like

Geo… how the heck did you come up with that arrangement of commands? Regardless, I am running 2023 and that solved my issue! Thank you!

1 Like

Are all the charachters press at once or consecutively includeing the > ?

onlyifyoutypethemthatway

It’s Alt and the Spacebar at the same time. Then M. Then an arrow key.

Thank you
It worked!